Seven Things to Do In a “7” Year
There’s something about the number “7.” Lucky seven, the seven seas, Dance of the Seven Veils, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers….you get the drift. Seven has some righteous energy. Traditionally, “7” is the number of wisdom, of the mystic and the magician. According to numerology, it’s the number driving this brand new year, 2014. Not for nothing, I happen to be writing this on Jan. 7th. Coincidence? I think not.
Anyway, 2014 is gonna pack a pretty powerful wallop – in a good way. So here’s what you can do in a 7 Year to take full advantage.
1) Study anything psychic or metaphysical. If you’ve ever had the hankering to learn Tarot cards or how to talk to dead people, this is the year to take it up. With all the positive vibes in the air, your progress will be much easier. Here’s a starting point. And this is a fun exercise, too.
2) Undertake any form of healing – including surgery. If you’ve been feeling funky, the 7 energy is gonna make whatever you do to get healthier a lot more effective. Your body and mind will respond and repair way faster. Note: bad plastic surgery is excluded from this. No amount of cosmic juice can undo a face from looking like it was caught in the G-force simulator at NASA.
3) Offload people who aren’t meshing with you. As long as we’re talking healing, you know there are some folks in your world who drain you, frustrate you, make you want to punch a wall. If you’ve done everything you can to make things work and they’re still behaving badly, you need to ditch them. The 7 energy will make it easier to say – once and for all – “buh bye.” I wrote about a technique that can help here.
4) Change any behaviors that don’t work. In a 7 year, fixing bad habits is a breeze. Well, almost. If you want to lose weight/stop smoking/give up your eBay addiction, make a plan….but then let the magic 7 smooth the way.
5) Take advantage of enhanced intution. You’re gonna be standing in line at Starbucks, just minding your own bidness, when – POW! – something will pop into your head about someone you know. Hopefully, its not embarassing. But at any rate, the 7 energy really cranks up the volume on our natural intuition, so pay attention to what you’re getting. Write down your “hits” as a way to track and develop your unique psychic style. And remember to protect yourself while you’re experiencing this new energy.
6) Reflect on your life purpose. All this mystical energy has a point: it leads us to ask the big questions. “Who am I?” “Where am I headed?” “Why can’t Kim Kardashian find a top that fits?”
This year, you may find yourself feeling more inspired and introspective than usual; allow yourself the time to just hang out and take stock of how your journey has gone so far – and where you want it to take you next.
7) Write in a journal. A journal is a great way to log all the “aha!” moments and adventures the 7 year is going to bring your way. By the time Ryan Seacrest announces the ball dropping again in Times Square, a lot will have happened. You’ll want a record of it.
Happy 2014. Now go kick some ass.